Part of…the project…involves gathering as much information about as many black-owned businesses (they do not have to be black operated, just black owned) as humanly possible in the shortest reasonable time I can muster. Since several thousand people view this site everyday, I figured I’d take advantage of it.
Therefore, I’m asking all of you good-humored folks for your help. No matter where you are or where in the country the business is, please send the following information about those businesses to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The name of the business (required)
- The type of business (required)
- Web address (optional)
- The address of the business, or general location if it’s not a brick and mortar biz (required)
- Some kind of contact info (phone number, email address) (required)
- Any other information you might have (optional). This could include the date of founding, the name of the owner(s), business hours, or anything else you can think of that might seem relevant
None of this information, nor your own email addresses, will be used for spamming, junk mail lists, or any other bullshit in that vein. You have my word.
Remember, these don’t have to be brick and mortar operations. ‘Businesses’ can include any of the following and then some:
Freelance writers, banks, barber shops, beauty salons, web designers, real estate agents/brokers, mortgage bankers/brokers, restaurants, auto repair shops, marketing/accounting/law/engineering/architecture/construction firms, insurance companies, liquor stores, grocery stores, convenience stores, graphic designers, farms (yes, farms), electronics stores, black-owned franchises, import/exporters, clothing companies, research labs, doctors, dentists, entertainers, psychologists, auditing firms, IT services companies, landscaping businesses, communications and PR, radio stations, publishing houses, caterers, consulting firms and independent consultants, tax professionals, manufacturing, child care services, truckers, etc. etc. etc.
Make your contribution to…the project…today. Dammit.